Tuition & Fees
Tuition for 2012-2013 School Year
Education at St. Michael School is an excellent value. Our tuition is one of the lowest compared to other Catholic Schools: for the 2012-2013 school year St. Michael charged the third lowest tuition in the Central Ohio area. However, we realize that tuition may pose a financial hardship for some families and as always, no child will be turned away because of an inability to pay. In addition, if at any time you feel that it has become a burden financially for your children to remain at St. Michael School, please contact the principal or pastor of St. Michael.
Several years ago the St. Michael community began the School Tuition Assistance Endowment fund to make a Catholic Education accessible to students regardless of their ability to pay. More information via the school office is available if you would like to learn more about the School Tuition Assistance Endowment.
The St. Michael School Board and the Parish Finance Committee recognize the importance of Catholic education. Some important points about tuition include:
- The average per pupil cost (cost of educating a child at St. Michael School) is $4,456 per year.
- Tuition for the 2012-2013 school year will cover 66.5% of the cost for the first child, 56.3% for the second child, 46% for the third child, 11% for the fourth and 5.6% for the fifth child.
- The balance of the cost needed to run the school is borne by St. Michael Parish and feeder parishes (e.g., St. Joan of Arc, St. Peter, etc.).
The 2012-13 tuition rates for St. Michael School will be:
|Number of Children||All Children Attending Full Time||With One Child in Half-day Kindergarten|
|Non-Member Tuition Per Child||$4,500||$3,400|
Parents may select any of the following payment methods:
- Payment in full before school starts. Under this plan, the tuition bill must be paid in full by August 20. This plan provides a 4% tuition discount (failure to pay by August 20 will result in an automatic shift to the quarterly plan).
- Quarterly Payments: Tuition will be paid in four installments due on August 20, October 20, January 20 and April 20, for example.
- Monthly Payments: Tuition will be made in nine monthly installments due on the 5th or the 20th of each month starting August 20 and ending April 20. This plan provides a 2% premium to the tuition rates.
- Other payment arrangements as approved by the principal or pastor.
Invoices through FACTS
Invoices will no longer be available through FACTS. Parents must enroll in the FACTS program and may make payments according to one of the options described on Attachment #1. Payments will be automatically deducted through the bank account designated when enrolling in FACTS.
Parents will be expected to sign an agreement designating their choice of a tuition payment plan at the specified time. (See Attachment #2)
Penalties for Insufficient Funds
A $30.00 fee will be assessed when there are insufficient funds available for tuition payments.
Non-payment of fees will result in the same penalties as non-payment of tuition.
Optional tuition payment arrangements may be made in cases of extreme hardship or other unusual circumstances based on prior arrangements with the principal or pastor. These arrangements will usually consider factors such as: (1) the nature and anticipated duration of the hardship, and (2) communication with the principal or pastor in advance of tuition due dates.
Although non-payment of tuition may result in penalties as severe as refusal of admission or graduation, the primary purposes of this policy are not to impose additional hardships on the parents of our students. To ensure a more predictable cash flow for the school, we request each family to choose one of the payment plans above or to contact the principal or pastor to make other arrangements.
Support from Your Parish – “Subsidy”
In general, the difference between the average pupil cost (total costs to run school divided by the number of children, which for this year is $4,456 per child) and the tuition charged to contributing members of a parish is paid for by that parish (and, in essence, every parishioner who supports their parish). Those families not endorsed as contributing members by a parish will be charged tuition at the non-member rate.