St. Michael School Communication
We are excited to tell you about some significant changes to our communications plan at St. Michael School. Thanks to the many hours of service and technical skill our InfoTech teacher, Mrs. Erica Gowitzka, we have launched a new school website!
The website gives us many new possibilities for communicating important and timely information to you. The following communication plan will take effect immediately and will be followed throughout the 2012-2013 school year.
- Communication folders will now be sent out on the 1st Wednesday of each month instead of on a weekly basis as in previous years. We feel it is important to continue using the folders in the likely event that we need to send information home in hard-copy format.
- We are excited to introduce the “St. Michael Messenger” , our new online source for communication. You will receive pertinent school news and updates via e-mail every Wednesday. In order to receive the weekly updates, you must go to our school website and enter the e-mail address where you wish to receive them. These news updates will be done through our school website communication system and are not associated with the St. Michael School Notification System. With the new online system, you will also receive links and pdf versions of flyers or other important documents from organizations which may benefit your children. Click here to sign up for the St.Michael Messenger.
- Our school website and calendar will frequently be updated with other useful and interesting information. It is our goal to keep you informed of the wonderful things taking place at your child’s school. You can keep up with all that is going on by checking the website regularly.
The St. Michael School “Communication Folder” is one of the most reliable methods of getting important information from our school to your home. We have dedicated volunteers who assemble these folders and distribute them to the teachers to send home to you. Folders are sent home with the youngest child in each family at the end of the school day on the first Wednesday of every month. Parents, please ask your child for the folder, remove the contents and have your child bring it back to school on Thursday so that they can be collected from each classroom that day. Please remember to return the folder to school the day after you receive it. The volunteers have a much easier time putting the folders together when they are returned promptly.
- Parent-teacher conferences are held twice each year. Outside of these times, either teachers or parents may initiate a conference.
- Parents may contact the school office at any time and request a teacher to return a call after school hours.
- Please feel free to contact the principal at any time. If the principal is not available at that moment, leave a message and the call will be returned as soon as possible.